| |Hello! My name is Karen Clemmer, and I am happy to be joining everyone here at Dyess Elementary as your school counselor! I have been with AISD for nine years. During those years, I taught 4th grade, was a school counselor at another elementary school, and most recently I served as a special education counselor for the District.
I am excited about the opportunity to be working here at Dyess and am proud to be part of a caring staff who goes above and beyond to help young people succeed. Some of my responsibilities as an elementary school counselor include:
- Providing a comprehensive developmental guidance program for all students.
- Individual counseling for students dealing with problems at home or at school.
- Group counseling on specific topics such as friendship and self-esteem.
- Gifted and talented testing.
- Campus coordinator for all state mandated assessments.
Please feel free to contact me if I can help your child in any way. It is an honor to be part of the Dyess family, and I look forward to visiting with you.