Welcome to First Grade at Dyess Elementary. For your child to be successful this year we need to work as a team.
* We ask that your child reads, or is read to, for a minimum of 20 minutes per night.
* Study high frequency words (vocabulary) and spelling words each week.
* Our goals for math this year are:
ü addition and subtraction facts
ü identification of coins (penny, nickel, dime, and quarter)
ü telling time - identify time to the hour and half hour
ü non-standard measurement (paperclips etc.)
ü two and three dimensional shapes
* We explore our world through life, physical, and earth sciences.
* In addition, we explore our world through learning map skills (north, south, east, west)
We focus on good citizenship by stressing making good decisions/choices.
We ask for your assistance in keeping us informed about:
- allergies or special medical conditions
- any change in daily dismissal (pick up) from school.
Please inform your child’s teacher in writing, or by phone.
We look forward to teaching your children.
Mrs. Broyles, Mrs. Hill, Mrs. Moody, Mrs. Reyes, and Mrs. Warren